Monday, October 18, 2010

Playing statues in Puerto Madero

Multiply replicated statues in city centres, each painted differently by an artist, seem to be all the rage these days.

Already this year I've seen elephants in London, lions in Bath, and toads in Hull (a homage to a poetic refernce by adopted local boy Philip Larkin).

So what have they done along the same lines in Buenos Aires?


Well, you can see for yourself: oh how Latin.

They're in Puerto Madero, the new dockside development that's eerily similar to that stretch of Thames just west of Canary Wharf, complete with similarly overpriced waterside restaurants.

I think I preferred the elephants, actually. Even the toads.


And yes, I know this one's sideways. It's a bug in blogger.

And no, I've no idea what the young lady is doing with an electric guitar when she doesn't have an amplifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment